Why Grow Hydroponic?
First of all, what exactly is hydroponic gardening?
In the simplest of terms, it’s growing food without dirt.
Normally the plant will get its nutrients, the stuff plants need to grow like nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, from the soil. The roots spread out in search of those essential nutrients. If it isn’t able to find them in sufficient quantities, the yield will diminish and ultimately, the plant will die. And the plant has to compete with everything else around it vying for what’s available in the same patch of soil.
Well, with hydroponics you are basically doing for the plant what the plant would normally do for itself. You mix up those nutrients in water and then simply apply the mixture directly to the roots of the plant. It’s that simple. And the plant doesn’t have to compete with other nearby undesirables trying to grow, like weeds.
So, you ask, why grow with hydroponics?
Here are 10 great reasons…
1. It can be difficult finding soil with the right balance of nutrients for the most healthy plant growth and yield. With hydroponics, you have complete control over the nutrient balance your plants receive, thereby assuring they get exactly what they need to produce great food for you to eat!
2. And with hydroponics you don’t need any land, or dirt to grow in. You can create a hydroponic garden in any indoor/outdoor space.
3. Growing in dirt requires another important nutrient, water, and lot’s of it. Hydroponic gardening requires much less. In fact, hydroponic gardens use up to 2/3 less water. That’s good for our planet.
4. You’ll be amazed at how much you can grow in a very small space. In fact, one of our full-size gardens can supply enough veggies for an entire family of four. Hydroponic gardens are simply far more productive for their size than soil-based gardening.
5. And the taste tells the difference. Hydroponic gardening produces the best tasting and most nutritional veggies. And that’s great for the physical health of your family.
6. You avoid the need for applying herbicides, or breaking your back pulling out weeds. With hydroponics the only thing that grows is what you want to eat.
7. Hydroponic gardening is great for peace of mind. It is a relaxing hobby that’s easy to engage in and produces healthy results for your mind and body.
8. Hydroponic gardening will save you money. Growing your own food in any manner will do that. But more efficient yields mean that food will come faster and taste better. That means less need for trips to the grocery store. That’s good for your budget and good for the planet.
9. Once you’ve got your garden up and running, it requires little maintenance other than the occasional purchase of chemical nutrients. A six-month supply costs less than $20!
10. Hydroponic gardens are portable and can easily be turned on and off. If you move, you can take your garden with you! That’s a bit hard to do when it comes to soil-based gardening. And because of growing efficiency, if you have to let your garden lay fallow for a time, it’s extremely easy to get it all cranked back up in no time.
We can have you up and running your own back-yard hydroponic garden producing great food in a few hours time.
Schedule your installation and starting growing your own food with…